Search the Internet with Google!

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good Grief, What Next?

We all have them from time to time; you know, one of those days where you just WISH someone would cross you so you can go to town on them. Well, today is my day and it started yesterday evening…

Monday’s are usually “pet” day, when I do cleaning of the porch where my Maine Coon lives, litter boxes are scooped (they are scooped every other day too), food dishes are washed, and hairball removal (mopped from the porch) is tackled. I finished that big ordeal (including mopping) and look outside about 15 minutes later to find that Nala (the Maine Coon) has not only tracked a “little” litter from her box, but looked to have purposely scattered it from one end of the porch to the other… CRAP!! The porch is still wet from the mopping so either I can go back out and re-mop or wait til the next day after it’s all dried and try to sweep it away – I decide to wait.

Ok, this morning I go out to sweep up the scattered litter and decide when I’m finished that it would be a pleasant morning to take Kylie (the Australian Cattle Dog) for a walk. Well, Kylie being a VERY rambunctious puppy (she’s 8 months old), is just hell to walk. She has a harness because I like the fact that she can’t slip out of it and it doesn’t choke her. Last time I walked her several people told me I needed to get a choke type collar for her to wear on walks until she gets used to walking with me (not dragging me down the street). Fine. For whatever reason, we had one hanging in our work shed so I got that, put it on the wiggle-worm and came in for the leash…(yeah, I know, I should have had the leash with me to start with, but in case the collar wasn’t out there I didn’t want to get her hopes up for a walk). The leash is just right inside the door so I slipped in, grabbed it, walked back outside on the deck and butt-head has somehow slipped the collar off her neck and it has obviously slipped through the cracks on the deck. Good Grief!

Now I decide to just give up on the whole “taking the dog for a walk” idea, cause I’m just not into the idea of being dragged up the street. I need a cigarette by this point so I go out front to sit in the swing and have my smoke. I’m sitting there, looking around at the birds eating their seeds from the feeder and also counting the twelve or more new wriggling earthworms who have decided to take the suicide track in my driveway, then I notice something on the ground behind my truck. WTF?

I go have a look and realize that some sort of rodent (mouse, rat, or squirrel) has decided to eat my trailer hook-up wiring. Yeah, you know the stuff you have to plug into a boat trailer or whatever so it will have brake lights, turn signals, etc. About a one foot section of wires are now just lounging there on my driveway.

Well hell! Damn animals!! I’m going to bed!

No comments: