Search the Internet with Google!

Custom Search

Monday, March 13, 2017

Pissing off the Perpetually Offended - Cat People (I'm a cat person)

It's been a pretty nice day for me as a whole. Yesterday and today are both off days for me and I did some needed cleaning yesterday and have just lounged around today.

Don't take that to mean it hasn't been interesting; after all, I am sitting in front of a computer and you know what kind of trouble that can bring. No not the technical stuff, but the fighting and name calling on social media... hahaha, "social," that's a laugh.

I'm a big fan of cats. I love cats! From the time I was born there was a cat around me. Around the age of 2 my cat gave birth in my closet during the wee hours of the morning and I still remember vividly jumping out of my bed, running into the hall and screaming, "Charlene is having her kittens!" Just the fact that the cat was comfortable enough to have kittens in the bedroom of a 2 year old tells you what kind of cat person I am, I have my ways and the cats gravitate toward me.

Moving on...

Today I decided to finally voice my displeasure in a local cat group over the hundreds of "fat cat" photos posted by members seemingly trying to outdo each other in the fattest cat category. This was my post:
This is something that has been on my mind for a while and would like to bring attention to what seems to be a problem. Please realize I'm not saying bad things about anyone but am only here to start a conversation and find solutions. 
Fat kitties are not cute, they are sad. I had a neighbor with a fat cat who was always on her back. You could hear her struggled breathing all the time and tell that she was uncomfortable. WE are their caregivers, WE control what and how much they eat. It's not like these kitties are up all night raiding the fridge making midnight snacks. 
Please don't let your pet (cat or dog) become obese thinking it's cute. That extra weight, just like in humans, contributes to tons of health problems and a very shortened life span. Cut down the carbs, give them food higher in proteins and smaller portions. Yeah, they'll harass you for more food but be strong enough to ignore those pleas. It's for their own health and ultimately, your vet bill.
What I received as feedback was clearly from the butthurt brigade. "You don't know me and my cat!" "Your post is offensive to me and many others!" "I don't let busy bodies tell me what to do."

Yes, these are the people who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and unfortunately, their actions are harmful to their pets' health.

No comments: